It's risk versus reward.
It's life or death.
Whatever happens, you have to see the night through.
Nightvision is a "road-lite" night-driving simulation with randomly generated levels. You must go fast, that much is clear, but why? And how fast is too fast?
With intense highway driving, a story mode that gradually ramps up the difficulty, and a fresh world and road to master each time you get behind the wheel, Nightvision will have you in a cold sweat as you anticipate the next curve about to come into your headlights.
- Realistic, pulse-pounding, seat-of-your-pants racing; is that a sheer mountain pass lurking in the darkness, or a switchback on the edge of a cliff?
- Randomly generated terrain. Never the same drive twice.
- Lost desert highways engineered by RoadGen™ artificial intelligence in real-time carve through the random hillsides.
- Engaging story integrated seamlessly without long cutscenes taking away from the action.
- Sandbox mode: to practice, hand-craft unique challenges, or leave up to the RNG gods.
- One BILLION world seeds, four different RoadGen™ algorithms, and dozens of road and world settings, offer SEVERAL QUINTILLION levels. Play 'em all!
- Repeat a level using the same level settings and random seed.
- Share your favorite level passphrases with your friends and dare them to make it as fast or as far.
- Literal Endless mode to test your endurance and see how far you can stay on the road.
- Spectacular crashes! Die over and over and love every minute. Wincing has never been so much fun.
- One difficulty level (hard). Limited visibility. No map. No memorizing the "track". No getting bored.
- Unlockable secret modes and visual styles harken back to the history of racing games.
- Gripping original soundtrack that mirrors the tension of the drive.
- A challenging and unique take on racing. Push your car and yourself to the absolute limits; working the brakes, throttle, and wheel in concert to maintain traction while never quite sure what lies in the darkness ahead.
What's Roguelike/Roguelite about it? There isn't Permadeath in the traditional Rogue sense. Instead, if you crash or don't go fast enough, you'll restart the same chapter but the level will be completely random within the same road and world characteristics, so there's no memorizing a "track."
You'll need to maintain your speed and your wits or you'll never make it...
But make it where?