Europa Universalis IV Demo
Release August 8th 2013
About the demo
Europa Universalis IV Demo DescriptionEuropa Universalis IV
Fulfill your quest for global domination
Paradox Development Studio is back with the fourth installment of the empire building game series that defined the Grand Strategy Genre. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide through the years in order to create a dominant global empire. Rule your nation through the centuries, with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy. True exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.
Europa Universalis IV demo content
The Demo of the empire building game Europa Universalis IV allows you to play as one of the four nations below through 28 years of history. All single player capabilities as well as an extensive tutorial and hint-system are included in this demo. There are no multiplayer capabilities, and please note that the ability to save & load have been disabled.
Venice was a prominent Italian Free City and played an important role in Mediterranean trade. Their fleet was important for gaining dominance over the Mediterranean Sea and securing the spice trade from India. Venice is a good choice for playing the trading game and seizing trade opportunities in the Mediterranean.
Warfare/The Ottoman Empire
The Ottoman Empire was a major power up to its fall in 1922. The Ottomans dominated land from the Balkans to the Arabian Peninsula. In Europa Universalis IV they are a strong choice for playing a warmonger game because of their cheaper coring costs and powerful early troops.
Portugal is a natural choice for exploring the colonization part of the game. The nation was important in the exploration of the coast of Africa and the New World. Portugal lies isolated in the western part of the Iberian Peninsula and lacks natural enemies. As long as they keep good relations with Castile they should be able to peacefully explore and colonize.
Austria was a major power through the renaissance and up to World War I. The Habsburg family ruled Austria and controlled the Holy Roman Empire for a large part of its existence. Diplomacy is important for keeping the title of Holy Roman Emperor, as it is an elective title. Keeping good relations with the electors will greatly improve your chances of keeping the crown. Austria is a strong choice for a diplomatic game because of their inclination towards holding the title of Emperor.
Europa Universalis IV Main Features:
• Make your own decisions: Nation building is flexible. Decide your own form of government, the structure of your society, trade politics and more. The possibilities are endless.
• Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the ruler you have at the top. Do you have a warrior King? Then it is time to make war.
• Experience history come to life: The great people and personalities of the past are on hand to support you. Thousands of historical events guide you, creating a unique atmosphere depending on the country you play.
• The world is now your playground: Players can enjoy over 300 years of gameplay with a lush topographic map in full 3D. Lead any one of more than 250 countries that originally existed during the game’s extensive time span.
• Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Seize control of key ports to expand your trade, support it with your powerful fleet and the wealth of the world will flow to you.
• Bring out your diplomatic skills: Deeper diplomatic gameplay with coalitions, threats, fleet basing rights and detailed support for rebels. Featuring a new unilateral opinion system that, for example, allows a country to dislike you while you remain neutral towards them.
• Engage in Multiplayer: Battle against your friends, or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation, with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers ,and support for standalone servers.
• Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire
Europa Universalis IV
Release date: 13th of August, 2013
Genre: Empire Building/Grand Strategy
Developer: Paradox Development Studio
Publisher: Paradox Interactive
Read more about Europa Universalis IV:
Web page: http://www.europauniversalis4.com