The Promised Update
Gatlin' - The Promised Update (1.1.0)We promised to leave early access by 2021 at the latest. Guess what, it's 2020? We're leaving early access. DEVELOPMENTAL HELL? NEVER HEARD OF IT!
- PROMISED graphical polishing! Nearly all sprites are enhanced. Now that's what I call jpeg!
- BOUNTIFUL bug fixes! That's right, if you complain about a bug, we'll fix it!
- PLENTIFUL new OST! Thank DJIVVI (aka Cadence Hira) or else.
Three new achievements!
- Dumb Ways to Die
- Photo Finish
- Ramblin' Man
- Almost all of the game's sprites/terrain overhauled graphically
- The current level name is displayed in the pause menu
- Entering a level now has a transition
- Performance increased drastically in all levels where Blot has his gun
- Graphic priority changed from "Very Low" to "Medium" by default
- Default FOV changed from 0 to 6
- FOV is now on a scale from 0 to 12 instead of -4 to 6
- All levels polished to allow for increased FOV
- A toggling option to zoom the camera has been added to the alt-fire button
- An option to toggle this new zooming feature has been added to the settings menu
- Gatlin' now fully supports the Steam Controller!
- Gatlin' now supports Xbox, Playstation, and Nintendo Switch controllers!
- Removed unused target portals from the lobby
- Opening cutscene conga line movement made less awkward
- Opening cutscene tweaked to allude to more of the story
- Various world tweaks from the opening cutscene replicated to Level 15
- The NPCs in the intro cutscene now have an idle animation
- Cutscene Blot can now reset using the reset keybind (M) while walking
- All liquids start their flow at the same time
- Dying in a liquid now has a sound effect
- David now flashes when damaged
- Several annoying ceiling structures removed on Level 10
- Added dead trees to the water in Level 14
- Level 21 remade from scratch
- Credits takes damage when its letters fall into the ink
- The Protector now flashes when damaged
- The Protector's 1st and 3rd stages are more consistent
- The Protector's 2nd stage is more dangerous
- World 4's background has been made less trippy
- Wind particles reduced by 50%
- Camera flash made less bright
- The Beholder shoots a tear every time you shoot it during it's second phase because I don't like you
- The Beholder now has SFX when shooting a tear
- Art now performs a waltz instead of flexing for her attack
- Gatlin' now launches in Fullscreen instead of Windowed Fullscreen
- Gatlin' can no longer be launched in a 19:10 aspect ratio
- The Credits target now works in the lobby (fantastic work QA)
- Fixed an issue with options not visually carrying over HUD-wise when entering a new level
- You can no longer pause on the victory screen
- Tut corpses now properly block bullets (hitbox fixed)
- Blot's minigun no longer clips through the secret rock tunnel in the tutorial
- Blot's corpse's hands no longer clip through liquids
- Blot's running cloud in the opening cutscene no longer clips over the ground
- Clouds no longer clip through levels
- David's light rays now appear behind his head
- Apprencii's paintbrushes no longer clip through his picture frame
- Scribbles no longer render behind Apprencii
- Bridge pieces in Level 15 have been modified to prevent visual clipping
- Visual ground clipping areas in Level 15 and Level 16 have been fixed
- Wind Z-clipping fixed
- Wind is transparent again
- Steam leaderboard integration
- Steam cloud save integration
- Flawless music looping (doesn't stop for 1 frame when you die)
- More worlds?